Bowmont Medical Clinic Policy on Outer Footwear
Initial Effective Date: 1 Jan 2017
Last Updated: February 2021
Next Review: February 2024
To maintain the integrity of Bowmont Medical Clinic flooring, to limit fall risk due to water brought in from outside, and to maintain cleanliness of the office environment.
Compliance with this document is required by all Bowmont Medical Clinic staff, all patients, caregivers, family members, support persons, or any other individual accompanying a patient, as well as any other individual physically present in the office at Bowmont Medical Clinic.
All individuals entering Bowmont Medical Clinic for the purposes of work (physicians, MOA, RN, LPN, front reception staff), or for an office visit, (patient, caregiver, family member, support person, and/or other person) must remove their outdoor footwear in the entrance of the office prior to checking in for their appointment with the front desk.
It is encouraged that all individuals bring their own clean, indoor footwear to office such as slippers. The recommendation for individuals to bring their own clean, indoor footwear to office is encouraged when individuals speak to a front reception booking agent to book an in office visit, when individuals receive a confirmation call for their booked in office visit from Bowmont staff, and at the time of arrival to their office visit at the front door before checking in. Booties are offered to those individuals who do not have access to clean, indoor footwear at the time of their office visit.
ATTENTION PATIENTS Bowmont Medical Clinic Doctors would like you to be aware of the following clinic policies at Bowmont Medical Clinic:
- Patients are REQUIRED to book an appointment to see their doctors if they have medical questions, issues, concerns, referrals or prescriptions. If your concern is of an urgent nature, call 911 if appropriate or call Health Link at 811. You will be advised if medical care is required and can call the clinic to book an appointment.
- No immediate access to the nursing staff will be available by phone as our nurses are attending to clinic duties. If you leave a message to the nurse, your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to ensure that the clinic has current contact information such as phone numbers and address.
- Patients will be marked LEFT PRACTICE if they have not been seen in the clinic by their doctor in the last 2 years.
- Patients will be redirected to the PRIMARY CARE CENTER (PCN) if the clinic is not able to accommodate them.
- Please indicate to your doctor if you would like your lab results (labs, diagnostic imaging, etc.) called to you, otherwise please make an appointment about one week after your lab test to review the results with your doctor.
- Results will not be looked for by front staff prior to your follow-up appointment. Please assume we have received them. If not, we will access them.
- Prescription renewals are discouraged over the phone and fax. However, if requested by phone or fax, a fee of $50.00 will be charged prior to completion.
- A fee will be charged to ANY missed appointments without 24 hour notice.
- The following are examples of uninsured services that will be charged fees.
- Letters for massage, physiotherapy and orthotics (Please note: We do not write letters of referral for chiropractic services)
- Third party forms
- Sick/absence/fitness for work notes
- Copies of medical chart
- Driver’s Medical Exam
- Alberta Blue Cross special authorization forms
- Any other item as deemed by your doctor.
- For a full list please click here: Uninsured Services
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE POLICIES ARE DETERMINED BY THE DOCTORS. IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN WITH ANY OF THE POLICIES OR FEES, PLEASE DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR SPECIFIC DOCTOR AND NOT THE STAFF.